So, I love the way that cake smash photo shoots look – I think they’re so cute and a lovely way to record memories of your child’s first birthday. However, these type of photoshoots are so expensive – literally about £300, for photos of your own baby… no thanks! So we’re going DIY today and creating our own photoshoot at home!
My baby was one on January 9th.. can you believe it? This year has flown by and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon! You can see all the photos from Leo’s first birthday party – here.
What you’ll need
- A cake : shop bought or your own creation but make sure there’s lots of icing or cream to get your baby in one hell of a mess.
- A large bedsheet (for the floor)
- Masking tape/pins
- Decorations! The more the merrier…
- Your baby ready to make a big sugary mess!
Make sure you have a bath ran to hand ready or lots and lots of wipes!
- Cake Smash Photo Backdrop (Amazon) SHOP
Thanks for reading angels!